- This topic has 5 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated October 30, 2015 at 1:16 am by .
- September 17, 2009 at 3:17 pm #276529rtebalt
This is called “dump” chicken because all the ingredients are put into a 1-gallon freezer bag with the chicken and frozen. The bag is thawed overnight in the refrigerator, then dumped into a baking pan or crock pot and cooked.
Teriyaki Dump Chicken
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine (or sherry)
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
1 1/2 pounds chicken piecesFor freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer. To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, making sure the freezer bag is completely sealed.
Place the bag on a shelf furthest from the freezer (It works best if the bag is laying flat, although this may not be the best option with a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer).
For baking: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turning chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (about 30 to 60 minutes depending upon the chicken pieces used).For the crock pot: Put chicken in the bottom of the pot. Pour remaining ingredients over the chicken. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours or until done.
- March 1, 2014 at 12:59 pm #451801drpunch
I will have to try this soon.
- June 10, 2014 at 3:20 pm #432257grandmaof8
I want to try this. Is there anything I can use in place of the rice wine or sherry?
- June 25, 2014 at 2:21 pm #454761KarnoThis sounds both delicious and easy.
- June 26, 2014 at 12:58 pm #454861kntrygrl256
I love crock pot meals and teriyaki chicken! this will definately be on my recipe list to try.
- September 19, 2014 at 6:23 pm #458639SCMary
This sounds great , I’m planning to make this soon.
- October 30, 2015 at 1:16 am #462408KenosnugsLove crock pot ideas. This sounds very good.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.