Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Tender Pop Pork Roast

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

This is probably the easiest and tastiest Pork Roast recipe you’ll ever find. It’s only 4 ingredients, but it creates the most tender pork with zero effort.

3 lbs pork shoulder butt
      1 (12 ounce) can Pepsi or Coke or Dr Pepper
      1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
      0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix

DIRECTIONS
      Place roast in crock pot.
      Mix soup mix with soup.
      Add cola to soup mixture and pour over roast.
      Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
      When done, remove roast and thicken juices with cornstarch for wonderful gravy.

FreebieQueen

@my4mainecoons 1065922 wrote:

3 lbs pork shoulder butt
      1 (12 ounce) can Pepsi or Coke or Dr Pepper
      1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
      1 pkg onion soup mix

I thought I’d add the obvious here- for those that are looking to reduce their sodium intake you can use the Homemade cream of mushroom soup mix in this recipe, be sure to reconstitute it first.

Cream of Mushroom here:
      https://www.budget101.com/content.php/335-Cream-of-Anything-Soup-Mix

Also, here is the recipe for making your own copycat onion soup mix, again, great for controlling the sodium levels:

https://www.budget101.com/content.php/2103-Almost-Liptons-Onion-Soup-Mix

“For those of us that do not like Mushrooms what can be used in place of the Mushroom soup?”

FreebieQueen

@dezertbloom90 1071298 wrote:

“For those of us that do not like Mushrooms what can be used in place of the Mushroom soup?”

Cream of Celery or use the homemade cream of anything soup and add extra onions

mos
      Participant

Looks good! AND cream of chicken or potato works as well! Neither one will detract from the flavor of the pork, but cream of celery is more benign as a flavoring agent.

Thanks, I was looking for something I could drop into the crockpot this morning using a chunk of venison I found in the back of the freezer last night! I can’t wait to see how this turns out.

mos
      Participant

lehomy…please let us know what you did with the venison and how it all turned out!

I do this recipe a lot. I use cream of celery or cream of chicken, both make an excellent gravy and add a great taste on any meat I choose. I mostly use this one on Pork and Chicken, but it also does a great chuck roast. I use a can of coke. This really is a great recipe.

mos
      Participant

frogmiss80…giggle…I’ve made this with a can of ginger ale! Works well and just a slightly different flavor;-D

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Tender Pop Pork Roast