taxes and the wealthy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

— In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, Lori wrote:

>

> It’s really no where near that simple. What about foreign trade

policy that favors the U.S? <<< It’s not about having having a policy that favors the us, its about a policy that favors both countries. instead of the us getting a matchbox car and japan getting 5 Billion Dollars worth of Cars sold here, we ought to even it out a bit. Make it favorable for Both Countries. Not kiss another countries rump for something they MIGHT do for us 20 years from now. On top that, whatever we import ought to face Stricter standards lest we have 4 million more kids with autism and nerve damage, etc from their lead Paint laden toys. Our own Factories and corporations within the US face strict scrutiny, but these other countries standards are piss poor and we kiss their rumps and beg for their business accepting whatever drivel they send. It’s pitiful and Dangerous. > And a flat tax is likely to be a huge burden to the poorest who

already pay the least in overall taxes, while only make a small

difference to the richest.<<< I’m not talking about a Flat Tax, I’m talking about taxing Goods. If you want to buy a big Screen tv, you should pay taxes on it. If you want to have loads and loads of “Stuff” then you should pay for it. Not only to support the government, but to help pay for the impact of your purchases on the Environment. Maybe it would take something of This Magnitude to slow down the Consumerism thinking in this Country. Just because a new gadget hit the shelves doesn’t mean we should all run out and buy one, and if you do, Great, pay taxes on it. What about the estimated 10+ Million Illegals in this country? Do you think they are paying anything to be here?? What about the prostitutes, pimps, drug dealers, that rake in thousands and thousands of dollars that go untaxed? >>while only make a small difference to the richest<< It seems to bother you most that people with More money don’t have to Pay more… If you’re all paying 5% (or whatever amount) it’s equally fair. Personally, I don’t give a rats behind what the guy next door makes, if he earns it, that’s his business. If he wants to buy a 5 million dollar house and pay 5% Great, I’ll buy my 100,000 house and pay 5%. I don’t understand why you feel that the Rich should be penalized for their success? It feels like you want to impose a jealousy tax. They have it so they should pay it and I’m broke so I shouldnt have to. If your that broke, you shouldn’t be wasting money on frivolous items that you cant afford. If I made $500,000 a year because I succeeded in business or the stock market I sure as hell wouldn’t feel it was fair to pay double in taxes because I made some smart choices. The smart choice in this idea is- if you don’t want to pay more in taxes- than don’t buy a bunch of stuff you don’t need. You don’t need a new car every year, you don’t need the newest gadget that pops up in on your big screen, the point is, if you live within your means then you will pay less. liss

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.