- March 19, 2009 at 1:44 am #271750
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp curry powder
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (5 oz each), tender removed (see Note), visible fat trimmed
1 Tbsp oil
3/4 cup plain lowfat yogurt
1 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp each ground cumin and salt
1 yellow bell pepper
2 each medium tomatoes and Kirby (pickling) cucumbers
Garnish: lime wedges and chopped cilantro
Mix flour, curry powder, salt and pepper in a plastic food bag. Add chicken, close bag and shake to coat. Remove chicken; shake off excess flour.
2. Meanwhile heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Remove to a cutting board.
3. While chicken cooks, mix Sauce ingredients in a bowl, coarsely chop bell pepper, tomatoes and cucumbers, and toast pitas.
4. Cut chicken diagonally in 1/2-in.-wide strips. Place a pita on each plate.
Top with pepper, tomato and cucumber, then chicken. Spoon on sauce; garnish with limes and cilantro.
Note: So breasts cook evenly, place halves smooth side down and gently pull off the tenders. Save tenders for another use.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.