- January 22, 2020 at 5:34 pm #580928
Taco Soup with Ground Beef
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15-oz can pinto beans, undrained
- 15-oz can whole kernel corn, drained, or about 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 14.5-oz can stewed tomatoes, Mexican style if available
- 10-oz can Rotel tomatoes, or tomatoes with green chili peppers
- 1-oz packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 packet Original Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- 2 1/2 cups water or unsalted beef stock
In a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat, brown the ground beef in the olive oil. Cook, stirring until the beef is no longer pink.
Add the chopped onion, pinto beans, corn, canned tomatoes, taco seasoning, ranch dressing, and water or beef stock to the ground beef.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 1 hour.
When the soup is ready, top it with tortilla strips, and serve it in big soup bowls. serves 6-8
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.