1 tbs mild chili powder
      1/2 tsp ground cumin
      kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
      2 8-oz cans refrigerated crescent rolls
      1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
      2-3 cups shredded lettuce
      1 cup sour cream mixed with 1 tsp mild chili powder
      3/4 cup jarred salsa, pico de gallo or homemade salsa
      sliced black olives, chopped tomatoes, diced red onion (optional)
      Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
      Brown ground beef with chili powder, cumin salt and pepper in a large skillet.
      On a pizza stone, greased cookie sheet or pizza pan, arrange crescent rolls in a circle, with shortest tips pointing out and the widest ends overlapping slightly. Press the ends together to form a smooth circle of dough.
      Spoon ground beef mixture over widest part of the dough in a circle. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top.
      Fold pointed parts of crescent roll dough over ground beef mixture, tucking to secure.

The dough will not cover the ground beef completely.
      Bake 20-22 minutes until rolls are golden brown.

Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Transfer to a serving platter, if you like. Place shredded lettuce in the center of the taco ring.

Top with sour cream mixture, pico de gallo and any additional taco fixings you like.

Makes 1 taco ring that easily serves 4.
      marionette smilie

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Loooks easy and delish…awesome!

Can’t wait to try this! Yummy!

Great! Please let us know how your family enjoys it!

I have been wanting to try this for such a very long time. I think we might give this a try tonight. We were thinking of having regular taco’s, but I really want this.

lol I wonder if this would work with a pizza dough..

@JenniferGreen, if you can make the dough form a ring, add ingredients and fold it over as the recipe directs…sure! LOL! Let us know if it works!

I certainly will!

We were supposed to have this tonight, but.. car troubles prevented it. (And couldn’t get out to the store!) lol So..

tomorrow it is! 😀

Oooohhh…sorry to hear about the car troubles;-/ Hope all works out well for you and you can get back to what’s important…food! lol!

Here is our attempt 🙂 Thank you so much for the recipe. We made a few slight mods, but the recipe is amazing as it stands for a family of 4 😀

Love tacos another great recipe for me to try

xechostormx, whatever you did to make it work for your family is fine by megiggle smiley Do what ya can with what you have and make it your own! I’ll never tell that it isn’t your own recipe;-D

Did this with pizza dough.. And it turned out great!

I just cut the dough similar shaped (triangles). It cooked up just fine. 😀

Yay! Glad that it works with different kinds of dough…maybe I should try taco biscuits! LOL!

LOL That kinda sounds good!

giggle smileyguess I need to work on a ‘breakfast’ taco biscuit recipe. I mentioned it in response to your post jokingly as so many members were using pizza dough — which pleases me…I want everyone to experiment! LOL!

Let me work on this…as I’ve mentioned in some other posts, I do have prepared taco meat in the freezer just waiting for me;-D I was thinking about a couple of dinners with it next week, but now I may have to play with biscuits for breakfastgiggle smiley

This is definitely a winner in our house! We make it often and need 2 or 3 as the husband usually eats a whole one at a time!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.