Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      we run ours mostly at night, due to the price of electricity is cheaper at night.

on days that we had a lot of swimmers we would run it more, but for the most part we would run it at night and not 24/7. My husband would run it a couple hours a day.

Original Message —-
      To: budgetgroup
      Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:14:38 PM
      Subject: Budget101.com : Swimming Pool advice

I am dreading pool season coming up soon. Not only do the chemical costs kill my budget but also the electricity to run it 24 hours a day.
      I have a seperate electricity bill from my shop which included my irrigation pump for underground sprinklers and swimming pool pump. My bill is generally $8a month for electricity for the shop through the winter..(base rate) but come summer we are running at around $100 a month for electricity just for the shop.

Chemicals are even worse…

My questions are…does anybody that has a large inground pool shut off the pump at night? And if so does it then cost more in chemicals? Any help on saving on chemicals also?

Thanx in advance!
      Tressa

Shed those extra pounds with msn and the biggest loser! learn more.

be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with yahoo! mobile. [/url] “] try it now.[/url]

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.