- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated October 30, 2007 at 12:56 am by .
- October 30, 2007 at 12:56 am #253893
Skillet-easy, homemade sweet-and-sour pork can be on your dinner
table in less than 30 minutes.
Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:20 min
1 lb boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Original Bisquick mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry (from 1-lb bag)
1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks, drained
1 jar (11 1/2 oz) sweet-and-sour sauce
1. In medium bowl, toss pork with egg. In 1-gallon resealable food-
storage plastic bag, place Bisquick mix, salt and pepper; seal bag
and shake to mix. Drain excess egg from pork. Place pork cubes in
plastic bag; seal bag and shake to coat.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place pork
in single layer in skillet. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning
occasionally, until brown and crispy on outside and no longer pink in
center. Drain on paper towels. Cover to keep warm.
3. Reserve 1 tablespoon oil in skillet; discard any remaining oil.
Add bell pepper mix and pineapple; cook over medium-high heat 2 to 3
minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir
in sweet-and-sour sauce and pork; heat to boiling.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.