- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 31, 2008 at 6:47 pm by .
- December 31, 2008 at 6:47 pm #268449rtebalt
Sweet Cherry-Chocolate Bombe
sweet cherry sauce (recipe follows)
1 (16 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed
3 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur (optional)
3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1-1/4 cups cold whipping cream
1 package (6-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
2 cups half & half or milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
cocoa whipped cream (recipe follows)
1. Prepare sweet cherry sauce. line 2-1/2-quart bowl with foil.2. Slice pound cake into 1/2-inch thick slices. Completely line bottom and sides of prepared bowl with cake slices, cutting some slices into triangles to fit.
Sprinkle cake slices with liqueur, if desired. Set aside remaining slices.
3. Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir.If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Beat 1-1/4 cups whipping cream in small bowl until soft peaks form. Prepare pudding mix in large bowl as directed on package using 2 cups half-and-half.
Gently fold whipped cream and almond extract into prepared pudding. Divide mixture in half; set aside.
4. Remove about 2/3 cups cherries from sweet cherry sauce, reserving sauce. chop half of cherries into quarters (return remaining cherries to reserved sauce).stir chopped cherries into one-half of pudding mixture; spread evenly on bottom and up sides of prepared bowl, completely covering cake. gradually fold melted chocolate into remaining pudding mixture until well combined; fill center of mold. top dessert with remaining cake slices, cutting some slices to fit and cover top completely.
5, Cover with foil; freeze overnight. Unmold dessert onto chilled serving plate; remove foil. Prepare cocoa whipped cream; frost dessert.
decorate with fresh cherries and chocolate curls, if desired. slice and serve with remaining sweet cherry sauce. store leftover dessert in freezer.12 to 16 servings.
cocoa whipped cream: stir together 1/3 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa in small bowl; add 3/4 cup cold whipping cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat until stiff.
sweet cherry sauce
2 cups fresh sweet cherries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2/3 cup water
1 tablespoon cherry or orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extractWash, cut in half and pit cherries; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add cherries; simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Cool; refrigerate.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.