Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Sweet Blueberry Pudding

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This makes a great breakfast (and dessert)…
      Sweet Blueberry Pudding
      1 tbs butter
      4 1/2 cups cubed, stale sourdough bread
      1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
      4 eggs, well beaten
      2 1/2 cups lactose-free milk
      2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
      3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
      1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
      1 tsp fresh lemon zest
      Grease a 7 x 10-inch baking dish heavily with the butter. Distribute 2 cups of bread in the pan. Sprinkle in blueberries, and top with the remaining bread.
      In a large bowl or blender, thoroughly whisk together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon zest. Pour the egg mixture over the cubed bread.
      Bring a kettle of water to a boil and preheat the oven to 300°.
      Allow the bread to soak up the milk mixture while the oven preheats. Press down gently with a fork to make sure that all parts of the bread cubes are well-soaked.
      Place a roasting pan on the middle rack of the oven and pour in an inch of boiling water. Set the smaller baking dish in the water bath. Carefully pour a little more boiling water into the larger pan to bring the water bath to within 1/2 an inch of the top, and bake the bread pudding until the internal temperature reaches 165°, about 50 min. Custard should not slosh in the middle when gently moving the pan, but it will still be soft. Remove from the water bath, cool for 40 min, and serve warm. Serves 10
      Smile, its spring!

This looks really delicious! I should try this for my breakfast tomorrow. 😀

Participant

I hope that you like it! And it’s good cold, too! Let us know if it was good for you;’D

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Sweet Blueberry Pudding