- February 3, 2012 at 1:51 am #237779
Sweet and Sour Chicken-Diabetic Recipe
1 1/2 cup sliced carrots
1 bell pepper-chopped
1 medium onion-chopped
2 tbsp quick cooking tapioca
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts-cut into bite sized pieces
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks OR can use canned in juice-no sugar added
3 tbsp brown sugar OR brown sugar Splenda Blend
1/3 cup white OR apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce-no MSG
s and p to taste
1/2 tsp chicken bouillon granules/powder-low sodium-no MSG
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 garlic clove-minced/grated
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1. Place veggies in prepared crock pot. Sprinkle with tapioca.
2. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, garlic powder, minced garlic, ginger, soy sauce, bouillon, s and p. Pour over chicken.
Cover; Cook on low 8 hours.
4. Serve over hot cooked rice.
We used Jasmine rice for this recipe and it was quite tasty.
*To lower the glycemic impact, carb and calorie content and bump up the nutrition, serve with brown rice instead*
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.