Super easy home made Mac and Cheese

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Super easy home made Mac and Cheese

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve not yet tried this one, but a family member gave me this and swears by it. Enjoy!

Easy home made mac and cheese

2 tbsp butter
      1 1/4 cup uncooked elbow noodles
      2 1/4 cups milk
      16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
      salt and pepper-to taste

Melt butter in a 9×9 baking dish.
      Add macaroni and stir until coated.
      Sprinkle with s and p.
      Stir in 3/4 of cheese.
      Pour milk over all, but don’t stir.
      Bake at 325 for 50 minutes.
      Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese onto top.
      Bake for 10-15 more minutes, until golden brown.

This recipe easily doubles.

I made this today (Christmas) it was yummy and so easy! Personally, 12 oz (the 1st 3/4 of the cheese) was enough. I added the rest of the cheese, but had tasted it prior, and my daughters and I all thought it was better without the extra cheese. We did not double the recipe. This was an easy, tasty mac n cheese side dish that I will make over and over again.

Wow, this looks like an easy one that I’ll have to try!

@moburkes 209739 wrote:

I made this today (Christmas) it was yummy and so easy! Personally, 12 oz (the 1st 3/4 of the cheese) was enough. I added the rest of the cheese, but had tasted it prior, and my daughters and I all thought it was better without the extra cheese. We did not double the recipe. This was an easy, tasty mac n cheese side dish that I will make over and over again.

I agree. I made this just a short bit ago, and I was going to use a whole 16 oz bag of shredded cheese, but as I mixed it up, I realized the whole bag wasn’t really needed. Tasty with only 3/4 of the bag. 🙂

Okay, two of you have said that less cheese is better so the first time I make it, I’ll go with the recommendaions and let ya’ll know what I think;-)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Super easy home made Mac and Cheese