- January 14, 2009 at 2:12 am #269397
Sunny Mediterranean Chicken
Serve a Mediterranean chicken dinner complete with veggies and whole wheat couscous in just 30 minutes. From eatbetteramerica.
Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:30 min
1 cup Fiber One® original bran cereal
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 lb)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup milk
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium zucchini, sliced (2 cups)
1 small unpeeled eggplant, cubed (2 cups)
1 jar (7 or 7.25 oz) roasted red bell peppers, drained, cut into 1/2-inch strips
1/2 large red onion, sliced; separated into rings
1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoons water
4 teaspoons lime juice
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
1. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor). Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 1/2 teaspon salt and the pepper. In shallow dish, place milk. In another shallow dish, place cereal; dip chicken into milk, then coat with cereal.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat; cook chicken in oil 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (170°F). Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
3. In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat; cook zucchini, eggplant, roasted peppers, onion and garlic in oil 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 3 tablespoons water and the lime juice; cook about 1 minute or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 1/2 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to boiling. Stir in couscous. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff couscous with fork.
5. On large serving platter, place couscous. Top with chicken and vegetables. Serve with lime wedges.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.