Free Stuff ~Coupons Galore ~ Hot Deals Chatter Sunday Circulars w/coupons

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

I went to purchase 2 Sunday Papers, believing I would have coupon in these papers NOPE. Did some research and this is what I found out.Copyright © 2009, wjw-tv hummm.. is this happening in all areas?

i’m in the greater cleveland area. didn’t continue to research. any updates on this would help.

valassis, the parent company of redplum coupons, will no longer distribute it’s booklets in the sunday plain dealer. instead, the company will use direct mail, a move company vice president and general manager, thomas murray says is designed to reach twice as many consumers as before. thomas claims “in these challenging economic times, it has never been more important to make these essential savings available to as many people as possible so they can stretch the dollars in their wallets.

consumers who already receive the redplum mail package will now find the coupon booklet inside.”

daugirdas says he sometimes buys multiple newspapers so he can get multiple coupons. he fears valassis direct mail approach will affect his access. “i wish they had gotten with the couponers to figure, hey what’s the best way for your guys to get coupons” he told call for action consumer reporter lorrie taylor, “if i don’t get them in the mail i really don’t have any recourse to get them mailed back to me”

plain dealer customers will still be able to find coupons from other distributors, like smartsource and proctor and gamble in the sunday paper.

related links
      home delivery of redplum coupons
      https://www.advo.com/consumersupport.html

copyright © 2009, wjw-tv

What a bummer. People who use these coupons order the paper and even get extras on Sunday just for the coupons. It’s not really helping to make these coupons more available, they may be reaching twice as many customers as before but it will not increase their coupons usage.

Those of us who really use the coupons are being hurt big time by this, and many households will just pitch them. Plus how much extra is this costing them for direct mailing? Some CEO decisions just don’t make sence to me.

I also added a link to recieve coupons in the mail
      Home Delivery of Redplum Coupons
      Valassis – Consumer Support

I understand that Valassis will add my residential address to their mailing list and it will take 5 to 6 weeks to fully become effective. Hummm This is really a Big Bummerrrrrr

Thanks for the link, I added myself. There were no coupons of any kind in my paper on Sunday. I was very disappointed.

None in my weekend papers either! I don’t subscribe so it was a little frustrating to go out special to buy those papers to find out there were no coupons. At least now I know why.

Thanks for sharing JoAnn.

JoAnn you are an Angel!! I was so disappointed not getting any coupons this past Saturday (my paper we get all flyers, coupons on Saturday). At least I know I am not alone.

I signed up via your link. Oh my goodness I would be so sad without my coupons, shopping would just not be the same without them. 🙂

This is very disappointing! Makes me even more glad that I call the companies personally to request coupons! 🙂

I didn’t find any coupons in my paper either. I thought maybe someone forgot to put them in. So I took the paper back and asked if I could thumb through some other ones.

I couldn’t find anything what a bummer. So I signed up to your link. Thanks:017:

Budget101.com Forums – Announcements in Forum : Coupons Galore $

Don’t panic according to the coupon schedule (link above) we were not suppose to get any inserts last Sunday.

I didnt buy the paper this past week thank goodness; but this is just another reason to know your neighbors and have lots of friends and family if you can; nobody else in my family uses coupons; nobody! i couldnt believe it when i found that out. so on sunday or monday i make the rounds of the local friends and family and pick up coupons and deals from them.

then another friend and i sit down and put on some good (freebee) coffee and some great tunes and get out the binders and scissors. we swap and clip and share and have a great time for about 2-3 hours. Its actually a fun way to have mom time.

The kids know that coupon time is time to leave mom alone unless they want to help sort and clip and usually they dont. so…. the extra coupons were being donated to a local foodbank that we also use but from now on Im going to be saving them for trades here.

jkpjohnson,
      Thanks for the this link, I missed this information—Budget101.com Forums – Announcements in Forum : Coupons Galore $.
      You are on top of things too. love smiley

Quote:
      don’t panic according to the coupon schedule (link above) we were not suppose to get any inserts last sunday

i hope this coupon change for this area greater cleveland area in ohio doesn’t affect everyone….:022:
      All in all I also have my bit of info —

Quote:
      plain dealer customers will still be able to find coupons from other distributors, like smartsource and proctor and gamble in the sunday paper.

and of course i signed up this morning to recieve the coupons thur the mail….home
      home delivery of redplum coupons
      valassis – consumer support

Call me crazy, but when I go to purchase the Saturday/Sunday paper, I stand and look through the inserts, checking to see if their are any coupons! Hubby thinks I am nuts, until I show him all my savings at the grocery store! LOL

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Stuff ~Coupons Galore ~ Hot Deals Chatter Sunday Circulars w/coupons