- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 1, 2008 at 8:07 pm by .
- November 1, 2008 at 8:07 pm #265617rtebalt
These delectable sweets are a great gift idea for kids to make for their classmates. They’re a breeze to whip up and can be made with any hue of candy coating — let your kids pick their favorites or stick with holiday classics.
14-ounce bag of candy melts
10-ounce package of marshmallows
Assorted sprinkles, sugars, nuts, flaked coconut, and candy decorations1. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Melt the candy coating according to the package directions.
3. Insert a craft stick into each marshmallow. Working one at a time, dip them into the melted candy coating, then into one of the decorations (for easy dipping, put the decorations in shallow bowls), and place them on the cookie sheet.
4. Once all the sugarplums are made, chill them in the freezer for 15 minutes. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If you like, wrap each treat in a cellophane candy bag (available at craft and party stores) tied with a ribbon, as shown. Makes 3 dozen.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.