- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated May 12, 2012 at 4:43 pm by .
- April 22, 2012 at 10:21 pm #305274
Sugar Free Freezer Strawberry Jam I
2 cups prepared sliced fresh strawberries
1 cup cold water
1 pkg sugar free strawberry flavored gelatin
2 tbsp Splenda or equivalent
1. In a heavy bottomed large sauce pan, crush strawberries with a potato masher. Add water and gelatin; mix well.
2. Bring mix to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Pour into clean jars and allow to cool; cover.
Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 weeks and frozen for up to a year.
- April 24, 2012 at 5:13 am #431824
Thanks for this recipe, it sounds very good, I can’t wait to try it.
- April 25, 2012 at 2:15 pm #431829
Instead of using the strawberry flavored gelatin, can you use pectin and will it make a big difference if you do?
- April 26, 2012 at 9:30 pm #431836
I honestly don’t know.
I have a few other freezer strawberry jam recipes that DO call for low/no sugar and regular pectin, but I’ve not tried them yet. I’ve made this one and it’s really tasty.
- May 12, 2012 at 4:43 pm #431908
As a kid my mom all our jam but with just a little sugar. The first time I had store bought I couldn’t taste fruit just sugar. Thank you for this chance to eat fresh again!!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.