- January 6, 2009 at 2:26 pm #268830
This is my favorite and the reason I go to subway! i get it on any sandwich i get there and I made it at home once and it came out pretty good! I saw that someone asked for recipes and noticed google seems to pull them up pretty easy so here it is!
* 1/2 cup light corn syrupCombine all ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil on top of stove.
* 1 tablespoon minced white onion
* 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
* 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
* 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon buttermilk baking mix
* 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1/8 teaspoon poppy seed
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 pinch cracked black pepper
* 1 pinch garlic powder
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- January 6, 2009 at 6:04 pm #408515
This is a great tasting sauce.
- January 6, 2009 at 7:14 pm #408528
Thanks! This is also my favorite thing at Subway! 🙂
- October 6, 2010 at 1:59 pm #429002dct9000Participantthank you. Always wanted to know how to make this sauce.
- December 1, 2010 at 4:32 am #429306
Why are your recipes printed in a singe column of one letter each?
- December 1, 2010 at 11:06 am #429308
- February 16, 2012 at 5:54 am #431454
what is buttermilk baking mix? is it just powdered buttermilk? this is my fav.and i really need to know so I can make some very soon!!!!!
- February 16, 2012 at 5:19 pm #431457
When I read the recipe, my first reaction was like a ‘bisquik’ type buttermilk baking mix…but I’m not sure. I would like to know also…
- February 22, 2014 at 6:12 pm #451328
Buttermilk baking powder is in the baking section of your grocery. It is a dry version of buttermilk that stores well and for when you want to add buttermilk to dry mixes. Don’t try and use regular buttermilk it will make recipe to runny.It is used a lot in bread doughs that don’t require as much liquid.
I love the sweet onion recipe.
- February 22, 2014 at 11:44 pm #451346
so going to try this my boys love stuff like this thank you so much
- February 26, 2014 at 7:10 pm #451687Do you have a vegan version?
- July 13, 2014 at 3:18 am #455966
my duaughter loves this sauce so im going to try and make it for her and let her be the judge
- July 13, 2014 at 8:23 pm #456017mosParticipant
FreebieQueen, I use IE9 and I see it as a tiny column. Could be because there is an image for myo sweet onion sauce and an ad about how grocery stores fear some guy! LOL!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.