- This topic is empty.
- July 10, 2021 at 10:05 am #599197mos
Everybody I know loves a baked potato. And many people love a baked sweet potato. What can make either one better? Stuffing them! If you haven’t made a stuffed sweet potato, here’s a recipe for you. It’s a vegetarian recipe so if you make a meatless meal once a week, this might be a new option to try — Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Kale and Lentils
2 sweet potatoes
¾ cup cooked lentils
1 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 kale leaves, sliced into ribbons
2 tbs plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tbs parsley
black pepper to taste1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Pierce the potatoes with a fork in a few places, the wrap each potato in foil and bake about 30 min. When the sweet potatoes are ‘squeezable,’ remove and keep wrapped in foil to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Add garlic and kale and cook, stirring gently, until kale is wilted, about 2 min. Add lentils, stir, and heat thoroughly. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Remove sweet potatoes from foil, place on plates, and cut in half lengthwise, going only about halfway so as not to slice the potato in half. Gently squeeze the two ends to open up the sweet potatoes. Fill the centers with kale-lentil mixture. Top with yogurt, parsley, and freshly cracked pepper.
**Note: Don’t like sweet potatoes…use favored white/golden potato. No taste for kale, use spinach, boiled cabbage, or leafy green of choice. What?! You don’t like lentils??! Gasp! Add the equal amount of your favorite bean for chili – pinto, kidney, navy, etc. Still don’t like these options? Then why are you reading this recipe? LOL!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.