- October 11, 2008 at 7:17 am #264390
24 large mushrooms, about 3″ ACROSS
2 tbs olive oil, divided
2 cups finely chopped peeled tomatoes (about 3/4 LB)
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tbs chopped fresh chives (or 2 tsp dried chives)
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1. preheat oven to 350°. wipe mushrooms to clean.
remove stems and save for another use (like putting in stuffing). spray baking sheet with non-stick vegetable cooking spray and lay mushrooms on it, stalk side up.
2. DRIZZLE 1 tablespoon olive oil over mushrooms and bake for 20 min.
3. combine tomatoes, green onions and garlic on a chopping board and chop until reduced to a puree (can use a processor or blender, just don’t over-process).
4. put mixture in a bowl and stir in chives, and salt and pepper to taste.
stir in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice.
5. fill each mushroom cap with mixture.
makes 8 SERVINGS = 56 calories/serving
- October 11, 2008 at 2:41 pm #400132
Yummy!!! My husband will LOVE this one!!! Thanks!
- October 12, 2008 at 7:23 am #400182
oh good! I saw your yummy recipe and wanted to share mine. I said ‘by mos’ so that everyone would know that it was different from yours;-) let me know what hubby thinks!
- October 12, 2008 at 11:12 am #400201
That’s what makes this forum so great! I have made those stuffed mushrooms for 3 years now. Now I have a new stuffed mushroom recipe I can try.
You know, change things up a little! 🙂
- October 12, 2008 at 11:55 am #400203
I love stuffed mushrooms! this is a recipe that I learned as a very young girl. it was something that my mother would let me do when she was making appetizers and such for get-togethers;-)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.