- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated March 20, 2006 at 3:16 am by .
- March 20, 2006 at 3:16 am #236378mos
streusel coffee cake
4 tbs dry whole-grain bread crumbs, lightly toasted
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbs sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
5 oz medium tofu
1 cup unsweetened apple juice
4 tbs vegetable oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups sifted whole-wheat flour
1/3 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1. preheat oven to 350?. grease an 8 square or 9″ round baking pan and dust with 2 tablespoons bread crumbs.
in a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, sugar, and pecans to make streusel. set aside.
3. in a food processor or blender, blend tofu, adding apple juice gradually, until thoroughly smooth.whisk together oil, syrup and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl. add to wet mixture.
4. in another bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
add to wet mixture.
5. stir gently until a batter forms. spread half the batter in the prepared pan and sprinkle with half the streusel mixture. spread another layer of butter and top with remaining streusel.
makes 8 TO 9 SERVINGS = 234 CALORIES.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.