- November 13, 2008 at 9:13 pm #266541
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup oats
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
¼ tsp. baking powder
½ cup butter
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. sugar
Mix all dry ingredients and then add butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Meanwhile, cook strawberries, water, and sugar on the stove about 5 minutes, then add cornstarch and cook, and stir until thickened. Press Â½ of dry mixture into ungreased 9x9x2 inch backing dish.
Spread strawberry filing on top. Cover with remaining dry mixture. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden.
Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- November 13, 2008 at 11:55 pm #403472
I’m having a Duh thought , the above recipe with the A what does it mean?
- November 14, 2008 at 1:57 pm #403521
No I was at the duh !! LOL, something happened to my scroll lock button or something I dont know, it didnt mean anything….oops….
- November 21, 2008 at 9:37 am #404203
I love any kind of oatmeal bars – especially for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee.
- November 21, 2008 at 1:49 pm #404226
I agree Janice….. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.