Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Vanessa004

I suppose this could be a dessert, but in our house we love Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler for breakfast! Hey, you only live once!!

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler

1 stick ( 1/2 cup) butter
      1 egg, lightly beaten
      1 cup milk
      1 cup all-purpose flour
      1 cup sugar
      2 teaspoons baking powder
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      1 quart whole strawberries, capped and washed and quartered (about 3 cups or so)
      4 ounces cream cheese, cubed

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and pour into a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
      2. In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
      3. Pour directly over the butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.
      4. Add the strawberries, arranging in a single layer as much as possible. Sprinkle cream cheese pieces over strawberries.
      5. Bake 42-45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling.

In case you’re wondering, the Crust rises up and around the fruit, but fruit will still peek out of top. This recipe is from Jacque Head.

Variation Ideas

If you want to use a different fruit or berries, you can use about a pound of fruit in place of the strawberries.

4 medium peaches= 3 cups of sliced = about the same as 2 quarts of berries.
      4 medium pears= 2 cups of sliced = about the same as 2 quarts of berries. (also add 1 tsp cinnamon & 1/4 tsp nutmeg if using pears).
      Rhubarb – add about 2 1/2 cups of small diced pieces

mos

I think that it’s perfect for breakfast…doesn’t it say somewhere that we’re supposed to eat fruit with breakfast? LOL! Just for the record…I think that this would be excellent with any berry or fruit that was in season (or frozent)!

I can see the equivalent in blueberries, raspberries, mixed berries, peaches…need I go on?

giggle smiley Thanks! I think I have weekend breakfast or the occasional brunch covered for quite a while;-D

Liss

Keto Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler

1/4 stick ( 1/4 cup) butter
      1 egg, lightly beaten
      1/4 cup heavy cream
      1/2 cup superfine almond flour
      1/2 cup Bochasweet
      2 teaspoons baking powder
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      1 cup strawberry slices
      2 ounces cream cheese, cubed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and pour into an 8×8 inch glass baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together the egg, cream, almond flour, bochasweet, baking powder, and salt.

Pour directly over the butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.

Add the strawberries, arranging in a single layer as much as possible. Sprinkle cream cheese pieces over strawberries.

Bake 32-35 minutes, or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler