Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Strawberry-Banana Bread/Muffins

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Strawberry-Banana Bread/Muffins:002:
      4 eggs, lightly beaten
      2 cups white sugar
      1 1/2 cups strawberries, mashed with some juices
      1 cup mashed bananas
      1 tsp vanilla extract
      1 cup vegetable oil (or substitute apple sauce for low fat)
      3 cups all-purpose flour
      1 teaspoon baking soda
      1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
      1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
      Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9×5 inch pans or 2 regular sized muffin tins. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.

In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, strawberries, bananas, vanilla, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour mixture, and stir just until moistened.

Stir in walnuts if using. Bake for about 1 hour if doing loaves or 30 minutes for muffins. Remove to wire rack to cool.

I love the tast of strawberries and bananas together! This sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Thes elook delish! Thanks! 🙂

I have already added this to my favorites!!! I look forward to making this!!!!!

Thanks Mos, you posted this at a perfect time. I have some bananas that need to be used up, and some strawberries in the freezer. This is going to be a good one to make for this week.

Great timing…..

Participant

funny how sometimes timing just works out, eh?! LOL! enjoy ladies — this is great for breakfast and your family will think you’re a genius!

(I’ll keep your secret;->)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Strawberry-Banana Bread/Muffins