- This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated February 2, 2009 at 7:50 pm by .
- February 1, 2009 at 1:14 pm #270211mos
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups strawberries, mashed with some juices
1 cup mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup vegetable oil (or substitute apple sauce for low fat)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9×5 inch pans or 2 regular sized muffin tins. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, strawberries, bananas, vanilla, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour mixture, and stir just until moistened.
Stir in walnuts if using. Bake for about 1 hour if doing loaves or 30 minutes for muffins. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- February 1, 2009 at 3:43 pm #413402wilbe95
I love the tast of strawberries and bananas together! This sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing.
- February 1, 2009 at 3:47 pm #413404rtebalt
Thes elook delish! Thanks! 🙂
- February 1, 2009 at 9:47 pm #413443faxonfive
I have already added this to my favorites!!! I look forward to making this!!!!!
- February 2, 2009 at 2:53 pm #413478tsgal
Thanks Mos, you posted this at a perfect time. I have some bananas that need to be used up, and some strawberries in the freezer. This is going to be a good one to make for this week.
- February 2, 2009 at 7:50 pm #413450mos
funny how sometimes timing just works out, eh?! LOL! enjoy ladies — this is great for breakfast and your family will think you’re a genius!
(I’ll keep your secret;->)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.