Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

This Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring tastes a lot like those old fashioned raised cinnamon rolls that grandma used to spend half the night making, but they take just 5 minutes of effort.

sticky bun breakfast ring
      Source: The Jones Way, Nicole Jones & Lurlyn Hasselblad

Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring

2 small tubes refrigerator buttermilk biscuits OR 1 tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
      3 Tbsp. butter, melted
      1/2 C. pancake syrup
      1/3 C. packed light brown sugar
      1/2 tsp. cinnamon
      1/4 C. chopped pecans, optional
      1/4 C. chopped almonds, optional

How to make this awesome sticky bun breakfast ring

Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
      In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and syrup, set aside. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if desired). Pour about half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the pan.
      Then sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top. Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges (closely together) to form a ring. Top with remaining syrup and sugar mixtures. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter and enjoy!

** I ended up using 1 1/2 tubes of the Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits (1 tube didn’t seem like enough) and baked it for about 30 minutes. It needed a bit longer to bake since I used more. If you like your sticky buns to look more traditional, try this other easy sticky bun recipe

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant

Hmmm…five minutes of effort?  I’m for trying this!

This one looks delicious! We’ve done something similar while camping, use premade biscuit rolls, dip them in melted butter, and roll them in a mixture of sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Bake in the slow cooker for about 3 hours and wake up to warm buns in the morning. I always butter the crockpot first too.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring