Steampunked Backbrace is Amazing

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Steampunked Backbrace is Amazing

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Life is really all about perspective, this teen was forced to wear a backbrace following an accident that required her to endure spinal surgery. Did she let that get her down? Not even a little bit, check out this amazing Steampunked back brace transformation

linda cable

. writes, “my daughter didn’t like the brace she had to wear after surgery, so a friend helped her steampunk it. best part, now folks are intrigued, and come up and ask why she has to wear it rather than just staring.

a little backstory- madelaine (aka maddie) was in a bad car accident that fractured her t12 back in November. She was forced to undergo an emergency spinal fusion which left her in a back brace for several months in order to heal properly.

Maddies friend Sarah brought over a basketful of materials – metallic spray paint, metal framing trim, plastic gear stencil, some appliques, and of Course, Sarah’s trusty glue gun! It took the girls 5 hours to create this beautiful functional masterpiece.

life is all about the perspective, it doesn’t matter if it knocks you down, you just get right back up and face it again. this is so creative and inspiring to me.

(in case anyone cares, i saw this originally on Huffpost!)

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Steampunked Backbrace is Amazing