Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Steak Salad with Creamy Green Onion Dressing

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Steak Salad with Creamy Green Onion Dressing
      salt and freshly ground pepper
      1 sirloin strip steak. 1 to 1 1/2″ thick
      2 tbs red wine vinegar
      1/2 cup water
      2 or 3 green onions, thinly sliced
      1/4 cup heavy cream
      8 to 10 leaves romaine lettuce, rinsed and torn in pieces
      radishes, sliced, optional
      grated carrot, optional
      Place a heavy oven-proof skillet in the oven. Heat to 450°.

Salt and pepper the steak on both sides. Turn one large burner to high. Carefully place the hot pan on the burner.

Cook the steak over high heat about 40 to 50 seconds on each side. Carefully move the pan back to the hot oven. Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes, depending on how well done you like your steak.

Remove the steak from the pan. Cover with foil and let rest for a few minutes. Place the hot skillet over medium heat.

Add water and vinegar. Stir to loosen browned bits and reduce to about half. Add cream and onion.

Bring to a boil. Pour cream and onion mixture into a small bowl then prepare salad. Slice steak thinly at an angle.

In a medium bowl or 2 to 4 separate serving dishes, arrange torn romaine leaves, sliced radish, and other vegetables, if desired. Top with steak slices and drizzle with the warm dressing. Serve immediately.
      coffeebath smilie

Oh I got Leftover Steak we Grilled Monday…So Gonna make this for lunch tomorrow.. I hope it works with already grilled steak?

Participant

Absolutely! Just sauté the steak long enough to heat through;-D You want the ‘hot-cold’ difference to your salad…otherwise, it’s just kinda greasy…

Ok Thanks..So wanna try this 🙂 I’ll let you how it works out tomorrow

Finding so many delicious recipes! Thank you!

Participant

Hirene, I’m so glad! There are many talented members here sharing the best;-D Search and enjoy…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Steak Salad with Creamy Green Onion Dressing