Weight Loss on a Budget Fitness Chatter Staying motivated

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

What are your tips for staying Self motivated? For me it is an audio book I can listen to only if I’m working out. Sometimes your friends can’t go to the gym or walking with you or talk you through a tough patch so what’s a girl to do to stick to her fitness goals and away for the _______ (chips, donuts, burgers, etc).

eat-1 smilie

@ajammes 842990 wrote:

What are your tips for staying Self motivated? For me it is an audio book I can listen to only if I’m working out. Sometimes your friends can’t go to the gym or walking with you or talk you through a tough patch so what’s a girl to do to stick to her fitness goals and away for the _______ (chips, donuts, burgers, etc). eat-1 smilie

This is such a fantastic question…

I have a habit, due to food blogging every day!!!… of falling off the wagon for a few months at a time and when I hit a magical number that I deem to be “way too fat for me” I get motivated to work my off, quite literally.

Here’s what helps:

I start every morning out reading a motivation article -usually from a woman who’s my age, has kids, works for a living and has to balance her time, family and fitness too. Because let’s face it.. I don’t want advice from someone whose job it is to literally get up everyday and exercise because they’re a trainer. Why? Well, because I don’t have 5,6,7,8 hours to devote to working out to look fabulous. I have about an hour and that’s if I get up at 5 am and don’t go to bed until after 10 pm. I have to find time to cram it into my day in between the plethora of other things I’ve got to get done.

I stay away from sites and articles that are touting magic pills or supplements in every other paragraph. You didn’t take a pill to get fat, you can’t take one to get Unfat. Very basic idea, but it’s a reminder for me that the only way for progress is to steal Nike’s slogan and just do it.

Set small goals- something like, lose an inch in 2 weeks or 3 lbs by such and such a date. Sometimes I set goals like… workout every single day for 30 minutes. I don’t set how much I need to lose or how many inches should be trimmed off, just knowing that I finished the workout is the goal. You know that even if you’re falling off the wagon a bit nutritionally, At least you’re still getting in some exercise. Perhaps not the best way to look at it, but hell, we’re just human….

Participant

Thanks for the feed back. I too often set time goals rather than pounds or inches. I don’t blog about food but I sure enjoy watching and reading about it.

I also enjoy making it, especially home made bread. Really makes it hard to keep to a certain weight. My job makes it a bit hard to make it too often so it balances out.

Keep up the good fight!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Weight Loss on a Budget Fitness Chatter Staying motivated