- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated September 9, 2009 at 1:44 pm by .
- September 9, 2009 at 1:44 pm #276091
Popcorn! Peanuts! Fudgy brownies make a surefire win!
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 2 hours 55 min
Makes: 24 brownies
1 box (1 lb 6.5 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
5 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups popped popcorn
1 cup salted peanuts
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13×9-inch pan with foil so foil extends about 2 inches over short sides of pan.
Grease bottom only of foil with cooking spray or shortening.
2. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box for 13×9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter and brown sugar uncovered on High 2 minutes. Stir in marshmallows. Microwave uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes longer or until melted; stir until smooth.
Stir in popcorn and peanuts until coated. Spoon evenly over brownies; press lightly to even surface. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
Storage: Store brownies tightly covered with foil.
1 Brownie: Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g); Protein 3g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.