- February 25, 2009 at 1:16 am #271018
12 oz rice noodles
1⁄4 cup Thai fish sauce
1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
3 Tbsp sugar
21⁄2 Tbsp oil
11⁄2 Tbsp lite soy sauce
8 oz pork tenderloin, thinly sliced crosswise, slices cut in half
11⁄2 Tbsp minced garlic
11⁄2 Tbsp grated ginger
1 Tbsp minced seeded serrano chiles
3⁄4 cup halved grape tomatoes
3⁄4 cup shredded carrots
3⁄4 cup sliced scallions
3⁄4 cup slivered fresh mint
Accompaniments: lime wedges and Thai-style chili sauce
1. Soak noodles in warm water to cover 20 minutes until pliable. Drain.
2. Meanwhile in a small bowl mix fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, 11⁄2 Tbsp oil, the soy sauce and 1⁄3 cup water.
3. Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pork; stir-fry 2 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
4. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic, ginger and chiles; stir-fry 30 seconds until fragrant.
5. Add fish sauce mixture and noodles. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes or until noodles soften and wilt.
Remove from heat; add pork, tomatoes, and 1⁄2 the carrots, scallions and mint. Toss to mix.
6. Spoon onto platter; sprinkle with remaining carrots, scallions and mint.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.