- September 9, 2009 at 2:10 pm #276101
Need a 30-minute dinner with tasty chicken breasts? Grab a skillet, some sassy salsa and a few extras.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
Makes: 4 servings
1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (11 oz) Green Giant® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained
1/3 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
2 cups hot cooked rice
1. In small bowl, mix chili powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken breasts.
2. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
3. Stir in beans, corn and salsa. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are hot. Serve with rice.
Variation: Make a quick chicken tortilla sandwich by cooking just the chicken breasts as directed. Spread 4 tortillas each with 2 tablespoons salsa and sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese to within 1 inch of edge. Place chicken breast in center, and fold sides of tortilla over chicken. Microwave briefly to melt cheese.
1 Serving: Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 1070mg; Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 11g, Sugars 5g); Protein 43g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 25% Exchanges: 3 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.