- September 3, 2008 at 8:27 am #262396
Here is a recipe that we use when we’re camping, you can nest the can within some hot coals, not directly in a fire, but just the coals. This bakes quickly and is really yummy. Or you can make it at home in the oven.
Spice Bread Mix in a Can
2/3 cup baking mix (like Bisquick or Jiffy mix)
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP finely chopped nuts
1 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1. Place ingredients into large bowl. Blend with a whisk.
2. Place mixure into a ziplock sandwich bag.
3. Place bag of bread mix inot a 14-16 oz. can (regular size vegetable, fruit, etc. can).
4. Decorate can and attach recipe with these instructions:
SPICE BREAD TO BAKE IN A CAN
1. Remove mix from can. Empty bag of mix into a medium bowl.
2. Add 2 TBSP water, 2 TBSP oil and 1 egg. Mix well.
3. Remove any labels or decorations from can. Add a little oil to the can and swish around to coat sides of can. Discard excess oil.
(Don’t spray can with cooking spray-doesn’t work in sprayed can.)
4. Spoon batter into can and bake at 375 for 28-32 minutes. Cake is done when a broom straw or bamboo skewer placed in middle of cake comes out clean).
6. When bread is done let it cool for 15 minutes in the can. Run a plain table knife around edge of cake to loosen it from the can. Shake can to allow cake to slide out.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.