Speckled Butter Beans ~ Spicy Beans and Corn

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Vegetarian Left Over Layering Speckled Butter Beans ~ Spicy Beans and Corn

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mos

Speckled Butter Beans
      Prepare in your favorite way and use the leftovers (at least 2 cups) in the following recipe.

Spicy Beans and Corn:angel1:
      2 cups leftover beans
      1 14-oz can diced tomatoes
      1 cup corn, canned or frozen
      1 tsp Italian seasoning
      dashes of hot sauce
      Mix all ingredient in large pot and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated thoroughly, about 15 minutes.

faxonfive

This sounds like it would be great with bacon!!

rtebalt

Oooh! Bacon! Great addition!

This looks really easy, cheap & healthy!

bcoffey68359

It sounds really good I have a recipe like this called hunter’s stew . It is 2 cans of chili beans ,1 can of corn undrained , 1 can tomatoe soup,and 1pkchili seasoning . mix together and heat and eat.

MY husbands mother adds 1lb of ground beef to this -this is one of my kids favorite recipes. Bobbi-ne

mos

I made this just to eat for lunches a couple of weeks ago and one of my students asked, “where’s the beef?!” lol! she then described the recipe that her mother makes and it sounds like your hunter stew.

guess i’ll have to try it! lol! and, yes, my student wrote down the recipe to take to her mother…i’m waiting to hear back from her.

it would be good with ground beef or as a crockpot meal with dried beans and ‘the beef!’

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Vegetarian Left Over Layering Speckled Butter Beans ~ Spicy Beans and Corn