Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Southwestern Grilled Corn on the Cob

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mos
      Participant

Southwestern Grilled Corn on the Cob
      12 ears of corn
      cumin
      chili powder
      light sprinkling of salt, if desired
      a little black pepper (or red for the bold!)
      grated lime peel, using the fine portion of the grater
      butter, softened
      Prepare the corn by pulling back the husks and removing the silk. Apply softened butter and then make a “Southwest” style corn by liberally sprinkling with the remaining ingredients. Return the husks to the proper position, secure and roast until just done. The combined spices (especially the lime and cumin) make for an unusual but wonderful Southwest style flavor.
      2lbkos0 smilie

I bet those seasonings would also be good on fried corn..Thanks for the recipe Mos..I’ll try it on the cob and also on Fried Corn

mos
      Participant

You are correct! If the season is such that I have to rely on frozen corn, I make fried corn with these seasonings…but…I usually sauté an onion first and then add the corn and seasonings. What do you usually do for fried corn?

Mostly Just Butter and Mrs Dash table seasoning..and Pepper..Sometimes a dash of Sugar{if it’s can or Frozen}..If it’s not sweet enough..I have Used Fresh cut Florida Corn peaches and Cream..and Just add a little Bacon Grease and fry with pepper and a little Salt.

So wanna try your seasonings 🙂

mos
      Participant

giggle…I just keep it more simple…let us know how changing your seasonings work;-D

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Southwestern Grilled Corn on the Cob