- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated August 10, 2009 at 11:30 pm by .
- August 10, 2009 at 1:39 am #275079
2 (12-oz.) cans Pillsbury® Grands!® Jr. Golden Layers® refrigerated biscuits
1 (9-oz.) pkg. (2 cups) frozen cooked southwestern-seasoned chicken breast strips, thawed, diced
1 (4.5-oz.) can Old El Paso® Chopped Green Chiles
4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
1 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
Fresh cilantro sprigs
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 20 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Separate dough into 20 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in each sprayed muffin cup; press to cover bottom and sides of cup.
2. In medium bowl, combine chicken, chiles, cheese, onion and salsa; mix well. Spoon 2 tablespoons mixture into each dough-lined cup; gently press mixture with back of spoon.
3. Bake at 400°F. for 13 to 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm garnished with cilantro sprigs.
- August 10, 2009 at 4:47 am #424126
This sounds like it would be yummy and a good use for leftover chicken also. Thank you for the recipe.
- August 10, 2009 at 1:20 pm #424138
Thant’s a great idea. I bet you could also make it with leftover Thanksgiving turkey. 🙂
- August 10, 2009 at 2:46 pm #424142
You know, come to think of it I’ll bet you could use just about any kind of left over meat as long as it wasn’t too greasy. Even canned chicken. Would have to think about tuna, though!!!
- August 10, 2009 at 11:30 pm #424154
Great recipe for those left overs. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.