- February 24, 2009 at 3:09 am #270979
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups bittersweet or dark chocolate chunks or chips
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 400ºF. You’ll need an ungreased baking sheet(s).
2. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, baking soda and salt with mixer on medium 2 minutes until creamy. Beat in eggs until fluffy.
On low speed, beat in flour until blended. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
3. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on baking sheet(s).
Bake 8 minutes or until golden. Cool 2 minutes; remove cookies to a rack to cool further. Store airtight up to 1 week.
Plan ahead: Freeze dropped dough on baking sheets; when firm, place in a ziptop bag and freeze. Bake right out of the freezer (add 1 or 2 minutes to baking time).
- February 24, 2009 at 2:41 pm #415871
thanks! can’t wait to try these. i’ll let you know how my kids like them.
- February 24, 2009 at 4:16 pm #415878
These are my favorite! Thanks for the recipe!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.