- October 24, 2008 at 12:11 pm #265180
Supplies: Clean white sock, cotton balls, black felt, fabric scrap, glue, and yarn or ribbon.
Directions: Fill the sock with cotton balls up to the cuff and tie it with a piece of yarn. Fold the cuff down to make the snowman’s hat. Cut a strip of fabric for the scarf and tie it underneath the heel of the sock to make the head.
Cut eyes, nose, mouth, and buttons out of the black felt and glue them in place (or you can use buttons). Take a piece of yarn or ribbon and glue the ends to the inside back of the cuff (hat) to make a hanger (or forget this step if you don’t want to make it an ornament).
You can then glue a pom pom on the top or holly leaves onto the side of the hat.
Hot glue works best but be sure but be sure to keep a close eye on the kids!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- August 14, 2014 at 11:46 pm #457772
This is my first time on your website. How do I get to see what the sock snowman looks like? Any pictures available?
- August 14, 2014 at 11:48 pm #457774
- August 15, 2014 at 1:15 pm #457795
- August 15, 2014 at 3:43 pm #457804
How cute!!!! I am going to have to try this with my nieces and nephews!
- August 15, 2014 at 3:43 pm #457805
Thank you for posting the step by step pictures makes it so much easier to visualize!
- September 10, 2014 at 1:13 pm #458454
To make it a little heavier nd positionable, I stuff mine with rice and follow all the same directions.
- December 3, 2015 at 8:20 pm #462564LissKeymaster
These are so cute, I have a dozen or so on my tree that my mom made when I was a kid…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.