- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 20, 2008 at 1:10 pm by .
- December 20, 2008 at 1:10 pm #268011
1 1/2 cups butter, softened (do not use margarine)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar, white decorating sugar or white edible glitter
Assorted candies, frosting any flavor, decorating gels for decorating
1. Heat oven to 400°F (if using dark or nonstick cookie sheet, heat oven to 375°F). In large bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in flour and salt.
2. Make 28 balls that are 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Make 28 balls that are 1 inch in diameter. Make 28 balls that are 3/4 inch in diameter. Roll each ball in granulated sugar. On ungreased cookie sheet, for each snowman, place 1 ball of each size (small, medium, large) in a row with sides touching, pressing together slightly. Place snowmen 1 inch apart.
3. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool competely, about 30 minutes. Decorate as desired with candies (attach to cookies with small amount of frosting) and decorating gels.
Makes about 24 cookies. Kids love to make these!:111:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.