- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 8, 2008 at 1:49 pm by .
- November 8, 2008 at 1:49 pm #266304
What You Need:
White crafts paint or latex interior paint
Waxed paper or paper plate
Red glass-ball ornaments
1. Prepare the paint. Pour a small amount of white paint onto a piece of waxed paper or a paper plate.
2. Create a “clothesline” for drying the ornaments. Tie a length of jute between two sturdy supports, making sure the line is taut.
3. Use sponge to paint ornaments. Dip a dampened sea sponge into the paint, then pat it on a piece of scrap paper to remove the excess paint.
Pat the sponge onto an ornament, being careful not to cover the ball entirely so that some of the red color still shows through. Hang the ornaments on jute line to dry.
4. For a solid-snow effect: Submerge the bottom half of an ornament in the paint, holding the ball at an angle. Let the excess paint drip back into the can.
Hang the ornament to dry.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.