Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have no idea where I got this recipe. I wish I could claim it. I gave up chocolate for lent, needed something sweet (I am sure you can relate:) ) and thought I would try this recipe.

They are wonderful!

Ingredients:
      1/4 c. butter
      1/3 c. low-fat cream cheese
      1 c.

brown sugar, packed
      2 egg yolks
      1 tsp. vanilla extract
      1 c. all-purpose flour
      1/3 c.

whole wheat flour
      1 tsp. baking soda
      1/4 tsp. cinnamon
      1/2 tsp.

salt
      5 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar

Directions:
      Preheat ovent to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with canola oil (I just used parchment paper instead).

In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, cream cheese and brown sugar on low speed with an electric mixer. Add egg yolk and vanilla and mix on low until just combined.

In a medium bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except the cinnamon sugar. Add to butter mixture and mix by hand until combined.

Portion heaping teasponnsfuls (or use a 3/4 oz. scoop) onto baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar.

Bake for 7 minutes, then lightly flatten cookies with finger, rotate baking sheet and bake an additional 3 minutes.

Makes about 30 cookies. Each cookie contains approximately:
      80 calories
      1 g. protein
      13 g.

carbohydrates
      3 g. fat
      20 mg. cholesterol
      82 mg.

sodium
      trace fiber

Note: the only problem I had was that I should have doubled it 😛

I love Snickerdoodles. Such a simple cookie, and is great when you have a sweet tooth. Jaime, I don’t know about giving up the chocolate.

I gave up the lint and went for the chocolate, it tasted better.

Tonia, LOL I think that would have been easier.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.