Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Smoothered Burritos

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

1 1/2 to 2 pounds stew meat or other beef cubed (top sirloin is great)

1 can mild enchilada sauce and 1 can hot enchilada sauce (at least 19 oz.)

2 beef bouillon cubes

1 can refried beans (optional)

5-7 burrito size flour tortillas

2 cup or so of shredded cheddar cheese

Put beef, bouillon, and enchilada sauce into a crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours*, or until meat is very tender.
      When beef is done remove from crock pot and shred with fork, taste and add more salt, if desired. Heat up refried beans in the microwave and put your oven on broil. On an oven-proof plate, or cookie sheet even, lay out a tortilla.

Place on tortilla about 1/2 cup of the meat and a spoonful or two of beans. Roll into a burrito, Pour some of the remaining enchilada sauce from the crock pot over the burrito to cover it. Add a few jalapeno slices if you like a little extra heat.

Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbly, about 2-4 minutes.
      Makes 4 large burritos, 2 for dinner and 2 to freeze for later. eat-1 smilie

Thank you Angela. I will definately use this one.

This sounds So Good I can’t wait To Try..This sounds like something I could do This weekend for my Kids…Sounds Quick And Easy…Thanks

I want this now! Lol

I bet you could do the same recipe with chicken breasts (shred after cooking in the crockpot) and make chicken burritos! thanks for the idea! I know what we are having for dinner tomorrow!

@Leisamarie 281220 wrote:

I bet you could do the same recipe with chicken breasts (shred after cooking in the crockpot) and make chicken burritos! thanks for the idea! I know what we are having for dinner tomorrow!

This suggestion should be as good as the first. Thank you!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Smoothered Burritos