- This topic is empty.
- July 15, 2000 at 8:12 am #599477
Traditional Italian cream cake is notorious for being time consuming and difficult to make, but not my smart grandma’s Italian cream cake! All the flavor, a fraction of the work and your friends and family will never know the difference!
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own.
Italian Cream Cake
1 cup buttermilk
1 box white cake mix
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 stick salted butter, room temperature
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup toasted coconut/pecans
1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans with 7 oz flaked coconut till golden brown at 350 degrees
- Beat cream cheese with butter until creamy now add eggs. Mix well. Then add remaining ingredients except toasted coconut and beat on med/low for 1 1/2 minutes. Now add toasted coconut and beat 1/2 minute longer.
- Divide into 3 well-greased 8” cake pans and bake until set, about 30-35 minutes.
Italian Cream Cake Icing
8 oz cream cheese at room temp
1 stick salted butter at room temp
1 tbsp. canned cream
1 tsp. canned cream
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup toasted coconut & pecans
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Beat in half of the powdered sugar.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar, alternating with the canned cream to achieve the light, fluffy consistency
- Fold in toasted coconut and pecans, if desired, or sprinkle them on top, whichever you prefer.
This cake must be refrigerated. Perfect Holiday Cake!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.