- This topic is empty.
- July 15, 2000 at 8:12 am #599477Liss
Traditional Italian cream cake is notorious for being time consuming and difficult to make, but not my smart grandma’s Italian cream cake! All the flavor, a fraction of the work and your friends and family will never know the difference!
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own.
Italian Cream Cake1 cup buttermilk
1 box white cake mix
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 stick salted butter, room temperature
4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup toasted coconut/pecans
1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans with 7 oz flaked coconut till golden brown at 350 degrees
- Beat cream cheese with butter until creamy now add eggs. Mix well. Then add remaining ingredients except toasted coconut and beat on med/low for 1 1/2 minutes. Now add toasted coconut and beat 1/2 minute longer.
- Divide into 3 well-greased 8” cake pans and bake until set, about 30-35 minutes.
Italian Cream Cake Icing
8 oz cream cheese at room temp
1 stick salted butter at room temp
1 tbsp. canned cream
1 tsp. canned cream
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup toasted coconut & pecans
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Beat in half of the powdered sugar.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar, alternating with the canned cream to achieve the light, fluffy consistency
- Fold in toasted coconut and pecans, if desired, or sprinkle them on top, whichever you prefer.
This cake must be refrigerated. Perfect Holiday Cake!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.