- January 8, 2009 at 10:07 pm #269054
When you have a crowd over to watch the big game, simplify the meal by setting out a slow cooker filled with Sausage and Peppers and a basket of rolls.
Makes 10 servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on high
2 pounds Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
1 medium yellow onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
1 package McCormick® Slow Cookers Italian Herb Chicken Seasoning
1. Place all ingredients in slow cooker; toss to coat well. Cover.
2. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on high. serve over cooked pasta or in sandwich rolls, if desired.
important: for best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
- January 27, 2009 at 8:16 pm #412696
I was wondering if this could be cooked in a 2 quart crock or does it need to be a larger one? I cant seem to imagine how much food this actually makes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.