Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I got the original recipe from a sample AllRecipes magazine…but of course, I had to ‘tweek’ it…it turned out pretty tasty.
      I’m providing the original recipe with my ‘tweeks’ in (). Enjoy!

1 (2 lb) pork tenderloin (I used a 4.5 lb pork sirloin roast-trimmed of visible fat)
      1 (12 oz) can/bottle root beer (I used 2 cans-store brand)
      1 (18 oz) bottle bbq sauce-your choice (I used roughly 1 1/2 Kraft honey hickory smoke bbq sauce-that’s all I had on hand. lol)
      (I also sprinkled salt and pepper on meat, added a few shakes liquid smoke, and a pinch of dry minced garlic)

1. Place the pork in a prepared slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat.
      2. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and shreds easily-6-7 hours.

Drain well. Stir in bbq sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.

**I followed step 1 and 2.
      I drained, then shredded the meat, and placed it back in the crock pot.
      I added my bbq sauce to the shredded meat then let cook on low for another hour or two. I served it on the buns topped with slaw.

Next time, thinking about using ginger ale…I’m betting it’ll be even better. eat-1 smilie

If the ingredients are bought while on sale, this meal ends up being very inexpensive.
      (I bought two pork sirloin roasts on sale for .99/lb. (Froze 1 for later) Total for both was $8.95. BBQ sauce was bought a bit back on sale and with cpns for total of .50/bottle.
      Buns was on sale for .99/8pk.
      Recipe makes enough for at least 2 meals or 1 HUGE one.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Slow Cooker Pulled Pork