Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Slow Cooker Chinese Chicken with Rice

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

I made this one the other night. It was so good. Just serve a veggie on the side.

2/3 C. soy sauce
      1/2 C. honey
      1/2 tsp.

garlic powder
      2 C. hot water
      4 bonless, skinless chicken breast halves
      1 C. raw, long-grain rice

Mix soy sauce, honey, and garlic with hot water in slow cooker. Add chicken breasts, submerging them as much as possible in the sauce. Cover and cook on Low for 5-6 housr, or High 3-4 hours, or until chicken is tender but not dry.

Remove chicken to platter and keep warm. Stir uncooked rice into sauce. Cover and cook on High for 30 minutes, or until rice is tender.

Add to platter with chicken and serve.

This sounds so yummy! I will have to try this.

Thanks JennyCup. It is good 🙂

This sounds really yummy. My family loves Chicken. Thanks for sharing!

🙂

~ Misty

Question about the chicken once you remove it and mix the rice together with the sauce do you shred the chicken or what?

Thanks for the recipe. It looks great. Sounds like one my son would like to try cooking.

We like chineese food my husband is a huge fan of general to’s chicken. I like the chow mein noodles.

I left the chicken whole, but I think shredding it would be better. It would save you from cutting it later. Thanks for the idea tina.

Your very welcome.I think it would save time like you said.

I have a question. When you say “2 cups of hot water” – is that “boiling” water or just hot water from the tap? Thanks so much!

Sounds yummy!!! 🙂

Such is usually just hot water so that ingredients will initially mix better than if you used cold water.

@rtebalt 117326 wrote:

I have a question. When you say “2 cups of hot water” – is that “boiling” water or just hot water from the tap? Thanks so much!

Sounds yummy!!! 🙂

I use hot tap water. Hope you like it…it’s one of my family’s favorite 🙂

Definitely going to try this in the next few days. I so love recipes like this for using in the summer so I don’t have to heat up the kitchen!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Slow Cooker Chinese Chicken with Rice