- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated October 4, 2003 at 8:37 pm by .
- October 4, 2003 at 8:37 pm #250143Guest
We love this…i use breast and buy large quantitys when on
sale..last week i bought a ton of bone on ones deboned and froze
bones for soup an dbreast for the crock.i do this for all of th
ecroick recipes. if you wish to be more frugal feel free to replace
the breasts for legs thighs ect..
slow cooker chicken paprikash
servings: 4 Weight Watchers Points: 4
1 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving), or enough
to coat skillet
2 cup mushroom(s), coarsely chopped
1 small onion(s), chopped
1 small garlic clove(s), minced
1 small sweet red pepper(s), diced
1 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup canned chicken broth
1 pound uncooked chicken breast, boneless and skinless
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat. Add
mushrooms, onion, garlic and pepper; sauté 5 minutes.
paprika, salt and pepper; cook 30 seconds more. Spoon mixture into a
4- to 5-quart slow cooker; add broth.
2. Cut each chicken breast into 4 long strips; add to slow
Cover and cook on low setting for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Stir together flour and sour cream in a cup; stir into
chicken mixture. (Note: We stir flour into the sour cream to prevent
the cream from curdling in slow-cooked dishes.) Cover and cook on
low until the mixture is thick and hot, about 10 minutes more.
Yields about 2 cups per serving.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.