Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

The daughter of a friend that was unemployed and in the middle of a nasty divorce said that the best present that she recieved for her and her three children was the following.

I gave her all of the ingredients, a gift certificate to buy the fresh ingredients, and the following recipe because I knew that her son would eat it (he’s one of those picky eaters;’/).
      Slow Cooker Asian BBQ Chicken
      4 to 4-1/2 pounds drummettes
      kosher salt
      ground black pepper
      1 cup barbecue sauce
      1/4 cup honey
      1/4 cup soy sauce
      2 tsp hot sauce
      1 tbs minced garlic
      1 tbs finely grated fresh ginger root
      4 green onions, chopped
      3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
      Season wings with salt and pepper.

Coat a broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray and broil wings 4 to 5 inches from heat. Broil the wings until they turn brown, which should take 6 minutes per side. Coat crockpot with a little non-stick cooking spray.

Place broiled wings in crockpot. In a bowl, mix together barbecue sauce, honey, soy sauce, hot sauce, garlic and ginger. Pour over wings and stir until they are evenly coated.

Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Garnish with onions and sesame seeds. Serve 8-10
      Note: She only had to purchase the chicken, garlic, ginger, and green onions Her son so LOVED the recipe that she makes it weekly just for him every Sunday.

(I won’t even get into my thoughts about picky eaters! I was glad to do something for someone;-D)
      momkids smilie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.