Slim’s Last Chance Turkey Chili

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Slim’s Last Chance Turkey Chili

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

My dd has run off to live in the great northwest. she’s been exploring every weekend that she can get off in the area. she’s doing a pretty good job of getting to know the area. while in seattle she heard about a place that had the best chili on the west coast. she decided that was a pretty big claim and decided to check them out.

she’s never been a big fan of chili — once a year and she’s good, but decided any restaurant making that claim and being supported by various media deserved a visit. she decided to sample the turkey chili and decided that it beat mom’s (oh well). she asked if there was a chance that she could get the recipe (yeah, right!) and they gave her the ingredients…and to figure it out from there (giggle…they don’t know dd’s tenacity!).

she’s been playing around with it and came up with what she thinks is the real deal so she passed it on to me, since i like chili! lol! she just emailed it to me and i haven’t had a chance to try it, so if anyone tries it before i do, let us know if it’s worth all of the hype!

giggle smiley
      slim’s last chance turkey chili
      1 cup uncooked rice
      1 tbs vegetable Ool
      1 chopped oion
      1 bag fozen mxed vegtables, corn, peppers*
      ½ lb gound trkey
      1 tbs chili powder
      1 can dained kdney beans
      ½ tsp ground cumin
      ½ tsp dried oregano
      5-oz can tomato juice
      salt & pepper, to taste
      1 cup cheddar cheese
      Cook rice according to package directions
      While the rice cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.

Add onion, and frozen veggies. Allow to cook for a few minutes then add turkey, and cook 3 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble. Stir in chili powder, kidney beans, cumin, and oregano and tomato juice.

Bring to a boil. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.

Serve over rice, and sprinkle with cheese. Serves 4
      *10-oz pkgs of mixed veggies, corn, and bell peppers — can use two fresh green peppers, chopped. dd has prepared this twice…once with frozen chopped pepper and once with fresh and she said that she cannot taste a difference so use what suits your budget!

lol!
      *bump*

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Slim’s Last Chance Turkey Chili