- January 12, 2009 at 1:51 pm #269307
From: Campbell’s Kitchen
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cups cubed cooked ham
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
8 oz. extra-wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
Heat oil in 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ham and onion and cook until onion is tender.
Stir soup in saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
Add noodles and cook until mixture is hot and bubbling.
- January 12, 2009 at 1:52 pm #409473
Hubbie would love this! Thanks! 🙂
- January 12, 2009 at 2:32 pm #409476
I wonder if you can use a different soup, I dont like mushrooms 🙂
- January 12, 2009 at 2:34 pm #409478
Cream of celery would be good. Could probably use a cream of chicken but might not taste right since it uses ham in the recipe.
- January 12, 2009 at 2:35 pm #409479
Awesome….celery sounds the best 🙂
- January 12, 2009 at 10:29 pm #409564
Ham and noodles sounds really good Jamie.
- January 12, 2009 at 11:51 pm #409595
Yeah cream of celery or chicken both would work! I’m deathly allergic to mushrooms so change out all the time. The only thing it doesn’t work for is green bean casserole!
I created my own Green Bean casserole using a white sauce with some herbs and cheese on top.
- January 13, 2009 at 10:36 am #409606
Thanks everyone! And thank you for the cream of celery tip. I haven’t tried other soups, but I think I will now.
I don’t like mushroom much either 🙂
- January 13, 2009 at 3:23 pm #409684
I buy cream of broccoli or asparagus when on sale for a different flavour.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.