- November 28, 2008 at 6:48 pm #267161mosParticipant
Sinful Pecan Bars:107:
1-1/4 c all purpose flour
1/2 c plus 2 T confectioners sugar
10 T unsalted butter, room temp, cut into 10 pieces
1 egg white for glazing
1/2 c (lightly packed) light brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
10 T dark corn syrup
2 large eggs, room temp
1/4 t vanilla extract
3 T unsalted butter, melted
1-1/2 c chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9-inch square pan with butter or vegetable oil.
2. For the base, process the flour and confectioners sugar in a food processor for several seconds. Add the butter and process until the dough comes together, 20 to 30 seconds. (If you don’t have a food processor, just rub the butter and the dry ingredients between your fingers until combined).
3. Pat the dough gently over the bottom of the prepared pan and push it 1/2 inch up the sides with your thumb. Glaze it with the egg white: pour the egg white on the dough and tip the pan from side to side to spread the white over the surface. Pour off the excess.
4. Bake the base on the center oven rack until lightly golden about 30 minutes. Place the base in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool completely. Keep the oven on.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the topping: Gently whisk together both sugars, the corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and salt in a medium sized bowl until blended.
6. Stir in the melted butter, then the nuts. Pour the topping evenly over the base.
7. Bake until the topping is set and forms a crust, about 50 minutes.
8. Allow the bars to cools for 15 minutes on a rack, then run a sharp knife around the sides of the pan (this is important if you want to remove the bars from the pan within your lifetime). Cool the bars completely and cut into squares. A cleaver or very firm knife works best.
- November 28, 2008 at 7:30 pm #404811KawaiiGiggleParticipant
wow.. those sounds yummy!!
- November 28, 2008 at 7:32 pm #404812
those do sound yummy and seem easy enough to make
- November 29, 2008 at 9:28 pm #404895mosParticipant
be careful! they’re addictive…hence the name! LOL!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.