- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated November 13, 2008 at 5:47 am by .
- November 11, 2008 at 11:52 am #266388
Shrimp Scampi in Crazy Water
1/4 cup olive oil
10 shelled, deveined uncooked jumbo shrimp
2 garlic cloves, slivered
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/3 cup dry vermouth, white wine or clam juice (use what ya got on hand!)
1/3 cup water
1 tbs Italian parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook shrimp 2 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove shrimp. Add garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet. Cook 1 minute or until garlic begins to color. Stir in tomato, vermouth and water. Increase heat to high. Bring to a boil. Boil 4 minutes or until reduced to light sauce consistency. Reduce heat to low. Return shrimp to skillet. Cover and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp are heated through and turn pink. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper. 2 servings = about 330 calories.
serve over orzo or with crusty Italian bread….YUM!
- November 12, 2008 at 12:27 pm #403333
These sound really tasty! Thanks.
- November 13, 2008 at 5:47 am #403389
haven’t have shrimp for two month
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.